Government Regulatory Compliance
Comprehensive Government Regulatory Advice
The creation or operation of a transport or cargo hauling business can be complicated, with countless regulatory aspects to be addressed and considered. Understanding these intricate regulations and the particular government regulatory agencies who oversee them can be a challenging task, one best faced with the guidance of an experienced attorney.
Since 1948, the lawyers at Axelrod, Goodman, Steiner & Bazelon have provided comprehensive representation to freight transportation companies of various types (brokers, forwarders, carriers agents) throughout the Chicago, Illinois, metropolitan area and beyond. Their extensive work in various aspects of the transport industry affords the firm a detailed knowledge of all applicable regulations and the government regulatory agencies responsible for enforcing them.
With more than 60 years of experience, Axelrod, Goodman, Steiner & Bazelon is able to provide assistance in the initial planning of a transportation company and throughout the life of operations of such companies, including assistance with entity selection, licensing and audits by regulatory agencies. Contact their office online or call 312-236-9375 to discuss specific creation or operational concerns.
Assistance with Initial Startup or Existing Operations
Knowledgeable in all aspects of transportation company creation and operations, Axelrod, Goodman, Steiner & Bazelon can assist with:
- Licensing: Including federal and state licenses, the firm will determine which licenses are required and assist in the completion and filing of all necessary applications and documentation.
- Entity selection: Ensuring safety from enhanced liability is key to a business’ success. The firm offers informed counsel on the respective advantages of various transportation entity types while providing guidance on shareholders agreements or partnership agreements.
- Audits: Ranging from civil penalties to overweight ticket penalties, the firm provides representation in audits by the state of Illinois.
- Compliance: The firm provides advice on what needs to be done to maintain compliance with regulations and offers representation in dealing with non-compliance issues with government regulatory agencies.
Experienced Guidance Throughout Regulatory Issues
Axelrod, Goodman, Steiner & Bazelon offer representation for clients in the initial start up phase or those involved in long standing operations. Their extensive transportation law background allows them to provide guidance on a number of issues. They are experienced at obtaining and maintaining compliance with regulations stipulated by all government regulatory agencies, examples of which include:
- Department of Revenue
- Illinois Commerce Commission (Leasing, Licensing & Permits)
- US DOT/FMCSA (Leasing, Licensing & Permits)
- Authorities (Applications & Protests)
- Illinois Workers Compensation Commission
- Secretary of State
- Department of Labor
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- ERISA Withdrawal Liability Issues
Contact Axelrod, Goodman, Steiner & Bazelon to discuss your specific concerns today.